BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Chimpanzee Poetry


The other day, when I was making the blog rounds, I found this post about poems on Mary Bennett's blog. In the post she was talking about her daughter being challenged to write a limerick, and I left her this comment:

Dexter said...

I think your daughter should write a poem about Chimpanzees, who are often overlooked in poetry. Of course it is hard to rhyme chimpanzee with anything else. Thanks for visiting my blog, be sure to come back and see me again !!!

Later I went back to my own blog and found this lovely poem in the comment box. Miss Mary wrote a poem all about, well, ME! Thank you Miss Mary, I love you!!


Mary Bennett said...

I think I shall never see,
anything as wonderful as this chimpanzee!

No, not Chester, his name is Dexter
This cuddly funny, family jester!

And I'll read the blog of this imp
my favorite family's little chimp!

Click on the picture to go to the really cool library site, where the graphic came from!!

0 comments: